協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

a national prank in UK

英文笑話 (English Joke)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

a national prank in UK

文章Dimitri » 週二 6月 09, 2009 6:26 pm

圖檔

This is an advert you'd see in most major newspaper in UK around April, 2009. (I know this is a bit not up-to-date, but you'll know the reason...)

Waitrose, one of the biggest supermarket chain in UK, introduced a new fruit, pinana. You can tell from the name and the picture that it's a hybrid between pineapples and bananas. I was so interested in this. We've got loads of hybrid fruits in Taiwan, and they normally taste a lot better than the originals. Aberdeen, the city I'm living in, however, doesn't have Waitrose. The nearest Waitrose is in Edinburgh, which takes 2 and half hours to go by train. So I gave up.

This morning I was booking the train ticket to Edinburgh for my Schengen visa application. I realised that this is the chance I could finally try the legendary fruit. I googled this pinana thing again to make sure Waitrose has still got them. And I found it's just an April Fool prank. TWO MONTHS, I've no idea I've got pranked for the past two months....

Hope you enjoy my stupidity.
ex linguis vis
в языках сила
言語から力が出る
from languages comes strength
des langues vient la puissance
desde los idiomas, el poder
頭像
Dimitri

文章: 152
註冊時間: 週六 7月 21, 2007 11:30 pm
來自: ペコポン星

Re: a national prank in UK

文章Willie » 週三 6月 10, 2009 11:18 pm

I don't know the reason, but I feel the fruit is kind of..... masculine... :shock:
Send one back to Taiwan...
I want to give it a try.
Willie

文章: 144
註冊時間: 週五 12月 29, 2006 6:43 pm

文章Dimitri » 週三 6月 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Well, I'd like to ship some of that amazing thing back to Taiwan for you guys, but it's just a practical joke, such fruit doesn't exist... What a shame.
頭像
Dimitri

文章: 152
註冊時間: 週六 7月 21, 2007 11:30 pm
來自: ペコポン星

文章bradywang » 週四 6月 11, 2009 10:03 am

It's just for April Fool creative 2009.

Google can help you to find more stupid things.
頭像
bradywang

文章: 347
註冊時間: 週四 6月 21, 2007 10:28 pm

文章phoenixyeh » 週一 6月 15, 2009 9:24 am

you guys are really innocent _ _ !!!But it provdes this AD did a great job. :lol:
phoenixyeh

文章: 3
註冊時間: 週六 5月 09, 2009 9:28 am

回到 英文笑話 (English Joke)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客