協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

For those multi-lingua manias

英文心得 (English Feedback)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

For those multi-lingua manias

文章Dimitri » 週一 11月 23, 2009 2:28 am

http://lang-8.com/

you can write down something and let native speakers correct you writing!!! How brilliant is that!!

Dimitri
頭像
Dimitri

文章: 152
註冊時間: 週六 7月 21, 2007 11:30 pm
來自: ペコポン星

Re: For those multi-lingua manias

文章ianchang » 週三 12月 02, 2009 9:18 am

It looks interesting. Thanks.
頭像
ianchang

文章: 98
註冊時間: 週三 10月 14, 2009 11:59 pm

文章Chris Chen » 週六 12月 19, 2009 9:31 am

Hello Dimitri,

Thanks a lot for sharing the information. I got an acount a few days ago. I've written some journals, and have got some replies and corrections. Many expressions that I was not sure about, can now be corrected by native speakers.

I just wrote a journal this morning, and after I did so an hour ago, I have already got corrections and comments from one of the users. I'd like to post part of it here for your reference.

Hello Tim,

Does it answer your question?

*****part of the corrections and comments start*****

a. corrections I got

He asked his English teacher, but he still couldn't understand the explainatin given by the teacher.
He asked his English teacher, but he still couldn't understand the explanation. given by the teacher. <-redundant

b. comments I got

I think I might be able to offer some help concerning the English phrase.
"I can't bring myself to do _____"
You're definitely on the right track. Usually it's something someone is making you do, or something you think you should do. You're basically saying you'd have to /force/ yourself to do it to get going. Oftentimes you know it's in your best interest to do it, but it's just too hard, so you giving up. In other words, it indicated conflicted feelings. You really feel pushed to do something, but you just can't. You aren't able, usually for some emotional reason.
"I can't bring myself to study today, even though I have a test tomorrow. I'm just too tired."
"I can't bring myself to ask her out. She's really pretty, but it would make me too nervous."

I hope that helped. :)

*****part of the corrections and comments end*****
Chris Chen

文章: 51
註冊時間: 週日 12月 16, 2007 12:04 pm

文章Timothy W. Y. Cheng » 週日 12月 20, 2009 12:21 am

Dear Chris,
Got it.
The Phrase is quite useful.
Thanks!
An open heart practicing compassion in everyday life.
--- the Dalai Lama
頭像
Timothy W. Y. Cheng

文章: 132
註冊時間: 週六 4月 14, 2007 9:21 pm

回到 英文心得 (English Feedback)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客