協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

Desperate English Learner

英文問題 (English Question)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

Desperate English Learner

文章waileeong » 週一 2月 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Dear Carmen and the English experts,

I am amazed by your english proficiency. Where do you learn it from?
頭像
waileeong

文章: 33
註冊時間: 週一 2月 02, 2009 12:51 am
來自: Taipei

Re: Desperate English Learner

文章CarmenTao » 週一 2月 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Hey.....are....you....sure....I'm.....the....one...you....are .....talking....to... 'cause I've not been to the gathering since November.....

I guess we only have one Carmen in this club....so....maybe it's me....

We have so many experts here in this club.......
I'm learning too.

Just a personal point of view here.....
I think the gathering participants all have the enthusiasm but in different scale for English leaning. I would suggest people start learning by taking credited language classes if they are not English majors. Once you start learning in a structural way, the key elements of improvement are only "efforts" & "time." There is never any short cut. (I'm not gifted either though!) :mrgreen:
頭像
CarmenTao

文章: 423
註冊時間: 週六 4月 07, 2007 10:50 am
來自: 內湖

文章hakee » 週二 2月 03, 2009 10:58 am

IMMERSE yourself when the conditions allow, listen to English news, read English books, watch English TV series', there are many ways to enhance one's English ability.

For example, I'm in Australia right now, MANY people come to Australia to learn English, hang out with the right English speaking people, your English will sure IMPROVE to an unprecendented EXTENT.
hakee

文章: 74
註冊時間: 週六 9月 22, 2007 2:05 am

文章waileeong » 週三 2月 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Blame myself that not learning English seriously when I was young...Now my brain is "rusted" and kind of difficult to absorb new things...Haha...

By the way, I am from Malaysia and keen to look for a job in Taiwan...But the economic situation now seems difficult as the local government discourage the organization to hire foreign worker...Anyway, are most of the Taiwanese speak fairly good English?

Please correct me if my sentence is wrong, be it grammatical error or wrong choice of word... :lol: That's how we learn right?
頭像
waileeong

文章CarmenTao » 週四 2月 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Can't confirm with you though 'cause it depends on where you'd like to get a job. Hostly speaking, the urban-rural gap is quite wide. By the way, the unemployment rate has hit an all-time low here. There are still some job vacancies, but we gotta study the structure of Taiwan labor market. That's another thing.

waileeong 寫:Anyway, are most of the Taiwanese speak fairly good English?

頭像
CarmenTao

文章: 423
註冊時間: 週六 4月 07, 2007 10:50 am
來自: 內湖

文章waileeong » 週四 2月 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Well, it is not easy to get a job for a foreigner unless you possess specific skillset which the company is interested in...Anyway, the cost of living in Taiwan, espcially in Taipei is comparatively high...And the salary for foreigner is being slashed by one big chunk to pay for the tax...nonetheless, I still hope that I have the chance to work in Taiwan and be one of the member in your gathering session in the future... :D
頭像
waileeong

回到 英文問題 (English Question)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 2 位訪客