協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

My First??

英文問題 (English Question)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

My First??

文章Angel Cheng » 週五 9月 28, 2007 11:02 pm

抱歉,這是我為了想加強英文而意外看到這個論壇的,我感到既興奮又緊張,因為我英文非常差,正念大一,英文是從頭學,但我想加強英文能力,我該怎麼做呢?
該如何從這裡開始第一步?

謝謝
A day is a miniature of eternity
Angel Cheng

文章: 2
註冊時間: 週一 9月 24, 2007 4:03 pm
來自: Taipei

文章Wofy » 週五 9月 28, 2007 11:33 pm

First, try to post your articles in English.
Don't be afraid, it's very common to make mistakes. :wink:
頭像
Wofy

文章: 214
註冊時間: 週日 3月 25, 2007 1:20 pm

文章bradywang » 週六 9月 29, 2007 10:52 am

Mistakes?.... I make a lot eveyday in the pass, now and even in the future.

Don't hesitate to join the club and I believe you will improve little by little if you want.

Brady[/quote]
最後由 bradywang 於 週日 9月 30, 2007 11:40 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
bradywang

文章: 347
註冊時間: 週四 6月 21, 2007 10:28 pm

Thank you

文章Angel Cheng » 週六 9月 29, 2007 5:33 pm

Thank you for your suggestions, I would try to do something to change. If wrong, please talk me
A day is a miniature of eternity
Angel Cheng

文章: 2
註冊時間: 週一 9月 24, 2007 4:03 pm
來自: Taipei

文章euphorian » 週日 9月 30, 2007 2:33 pm

How do native speakers react to broken English speaker? Well, that depends how many broken English speakers are present in a particular moment. It is possible for enough broken English speakers to be too overwhelming. To the point where the native speaker simply can not continue to be helpful in correcting any more grammatical mistakes. No native speakers look forward to correcting others grammatical mistakes. Partly because it is a never ending task. Broken English speakers are just too creative in making all kinds of grammatical mistakes. Grammatical logic isn't always intuitive. It is impossible to be a good English speaker without being a good listener.
In the name of forum tranquillity, feel free to delete any of my post, sooner the better.
頭像
euphorian

文章: 158
註冊時間: 週一 10月 31, 2005 11:51 am
來自: The Loneliest Planet

文章Darren » 週日 9月 30, 2007 11:36 pm

Hi Angel,

Firstly, my computer doesn't type Chinese. So, I hope someone can translate this for me (does the "No typing in Chinese" rule apply here?)

Back to topic, I would suggest any beginner to start practicing on the two easier skills of any language: listening and speaking.

Try watching English TV programs (e.g. BBC world news, NBC etc. preferably formal programs.) or listening to the radio (ICRT is a good bet).
Here's the key point: Speak out loud along with what they say as often as you can. Follow only one person at a time. i.e. if there are two voices, choose only one of them to follow.
Don't worry if you cannot comprehend what they say at the start. As you learn more from you English class (vocabulary and grammar), you will start to understand bit by bit on the content of the media.
The reason for copycating what they say is to help you:
1: to have a native accent.
2: to get used to English expressions and correct grammatical use of English.
Depending on your progress, later on in your use of English, you will be able to speak and write English with the correct grammar without even contemplating what tense or what grammar rule to use.
At that point, beacause of your practice of reading out loud, sentences will sound weird to you if it has incorrect grammar.

Also, find opportunities to chat with native speakers. Hopefully, your lecturer at university is native or close to native. In Autralia, there're always international students posting up in BBS for Language Exchanges. Language Exchange is a common way of learning by having native speakers from each country (e.g. English and Mandarin), chatting to each other. This will help the English learn Mandarin and the Mandarin learn English.
The more you try to interact in English and being in an native English environment, the easier it is for you to master the language.

Lastly, practice makes perfect and don't be shy. If it is in your interest, come and join clubs like Happy English Club, Toastmasters and your university's English Clubs etc. These are all very good environments for you to practice English.
For example, Happy English Club: The people here are way too friendly :D. The members there look out for each other like best of friends. It's the perfect environment to practice English and make friends that have common interests (interest = English, of course).

Sorry for such a long reply, and I didn't proof read what I wrote. I hope it will makes sense to everyone reading this.

cheers,

Darren
頭像
Darren

文章: 66
註冊時間: 週日 12月 17, 2006 10:45 pm
來自: exiled

回到 英文問題 (English Question)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 5 位訪客