協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

how to say " 搏感情 "

英文問題 (English Question)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

文章euphorian » 週日 1月 28, 2007 10:40 pm

Every high school chemistry student in America knows all there is to know about "Covalent Bond". After that, not all students go on to be a Chemist, but that particular notion of the word "bond" stays with them for the rest of their lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covalent_bond
In the name of forum tranquillity, feel free to delete any of my post, sooner the better.
頭像
euphorian

文章: 158
註冊時間: 週一 10月 31, 2005 11:51 am
來自: The Loneliest Planet

Re: About Bonding

文章jerry2508 » 週二 3月 20, 2007 12:34 pm

Nathan 寫:First thing I would like to say that "bonding" is good.
And I saw it a lot on articles.
Also, I heard "connection" more coming out of Americans' mouth.
I think either one will work, because Americans don't really have exact word of "搏感情" in their language.
When I was a student, I brought 2 apples from mess hall to classroom. Before the lecture started, i was eating one of them, and my research professor came in. She said that she would like an apple and i gave it to her. One of my classmate(>>classmates) on my research team said: "Jeang, are you trying to get some connection with professor?"( the professor) The reason why he said that because we were having a test at that time.

Correcting seems to be catching on recently. Thank you, wayne, Nathan... for taking time to correct bugs on the forum. :o

Am I kind of late to join you people? I am the least person that would like to do that, though.>'< :(

Keep doing it. There are hundreds on each long thread. The forum will be a better place with the people who can't stop correcting others, but themselves. :lol:
...................................................................................................

First thing I would like to say that(What about>>The first thing I would like to say is )

on articles.(What about>>>in )

I heard "connection" more coming out of..(What about>>come out...Is it specific time or in general?)

exact word of "搏感情"(What about>>>the exact word for "搏感情"??)

to classroom.(What about>>>to the classroom?)

classmate(What about>>classmates?)

The reason why he said that is(What about>>was?)

..............................................................................................
最後由 jerry2508 於 週二 3月 20, 2007 7:13 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
jerry2508

文章: 99
註冊時間: 週五 8月 25, 2006 11:19 am

文章Wayne » 週二 3月 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Wayne 寫:I'd translate 搏感情 into "win someone's love"

On second thought, "win someone'/people's favor", perhaps?
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
Wayne

文章: 86
註冊時間: 週二 11月 01, 2005 7:26 pm
來自: YOYO, Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

上一頁

回到 英文問題 (English Question)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 5 位訪客