協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

20140628, Minutes, Taichung

聚會記錄 (Minutes)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

20140628, Minutes, Taichung

文章Jasmine0316 » 週一 7月 07, 2014 9:39 pm

20140628, Minutes, by Nathan Gee

Dear Happiers,
Have you ever wondered what dreams are and what dreams connect to your reality life? It's getting hotter outside. Thanks to our members Kevin, Jasmine, Jay, and Ben, they brought their dreams to our gathering this Saturday.
We welcome Jay to join us this week. This is his third time attendance. He's in the hottest business. That's right, he's developing apps of cellphone. Maybe someday you'll find some interesting apps that appear in your cellphone and designed by Jay. (Owe, cool)
Despite of the difficulties of this week's article, we finished our reading finally. For thousands of hundreds of years, people are fascinated on the mystery of dreams. There are lots of mythologies, legends and tales about different magical power of dreams. As development of natural science, it becomes much clearer about the essence of dreams. Nevertheless, sometimes it still is full of imagination and fun.
Many people have had the experiences of getting stuck in the dreams. Jay and Jasmine have the same dream about circling. No matter how bad your dreams were, it's all right when you woke up. Thanks to Jasmine, she shared how we can use lucid dream to improve life quality. For example, if you want to lose weight, you can eat in your dreams. You won't always feel hungry and don't need to eat very much, because you have finished your meal in dreams. The best part of this is that you won't increase your calories but satisfied.
What do you think about dreams, my friends? We always welcome you to join us and to make some dreams.
Have a nice dream, everyone.

Nathan Gee
Jasmine0316

文章: 1008
註冊時間: 週一 6月 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: 20140628, Minutes, Taichung

文章Jasmine0316 » 週五 7月 11, 2014 10:20 am

Dear Taichung Happiers,

A woman woke up one morning and said to her husband: "I had the most vivid dream last night. I dreamed you bought me a really expensive diamond ring for my birthday. I've never had a dream like that before. What do you think it means?"
"You'll know tonight, darling," he said.
Hardly able to contain her excitement all day, she eagerly awaited her husband's arrival home from work. Sure enough, he was carrying a small, beautifully wrapped package, which he then handed to her.
Thrilled, she opened it... and found a book entitled The Meaning of Dreams.

All right, ladies (and gentlemen), never be disappointed, because what we can learn from our dreams is beyond our expectations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ArPNAOHCo Dr. Dylan Selterman, a Lecturer in the Psychology Department at the University of Maryland, gave some examples to support his suggestion--Dreams are responsible for some of the greatest innovations. Dmitry Mendeleev (8 February 1834 – 2 February 1907), the Russian chemist and inventor, dreamt the periodic table; English songwriter Paul McCartney famously dreamt the song Yesterday. Dr. Selterman wrapped his speech up with a quotation from the film Waking Life:”Most people are either sleep walking through their waking life or wake walking through their sleeping life. Either way, they are not getting much out of it” and encouraged people “Dreams are worth your time”—keep a dream journal and let what you find surprise you—your dreams might be trying to tell you something very important.

While discovering the meaning of dreams, we have to thank our host Nathan for also explaining the meaning of writing gathering Minutes (To balance hosts’ workload, our SOP has been revised, and hosts can decide to write or not to write the Minutes). Following Nathan’s kind efforts, our 7/5 host Ben also completed his Minutes. These hosts’ persistence has won great respect from me.

Now, gift time! Here is a quote (from Henry David Thoreau) as a gift for our hosts: “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” So, if you dreamt so big that you didn’t want to wake up some day, will you regard that day as the best day of your life?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOELNfFC6Hg

圖檔

Best Wishes,
Jasmine
Jasmine0316

文章: 1008
註冊時間: 週一 6月 07, 2010 1:56 pm

回到 聚會記錄 (Minutes)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 3 位訪客