協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

20140104, Minutes,Taichung

聚會記錄 (Minutes)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

20140104, Minutes,Taichung

文章Harris1984 » 週四 1月 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Dear All:

It's always nice to talk about delicious food with friends. Most of people agree the food on the list can be top 10.
But due to the questionnaire is made in oversea, some of us recommend that fried noodle, fried dumpling, spring roll, Taiwanese fried chicken and so on, which can put on the list too.
For the memory of 2013, most of people would like to share which country/place they have been to for traveling, because it is happy to relax during the vacation.
Finally, for the new wishes, we have some one want to be get raised, promoted, build house and wedding in Guan!!

I hope everyone can make their own wish come true.

Happy New Year to all happiers

Harris
Harris1984

文章: 111
註冊時間: 週二 11月 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: 20140104, Minutes,Taichung

文章Jasmine0316 » 週六 1月 11, 2014 12:19 am

Dear Taichung Happiers,

Which single thing can provide us both food for the body and food for the soul at the same time? Just in my balcony, planting some vegetables truly functions as this and offers me (not a vegetarian, though) the sense of accomplishment. Great to learn Kristin Kimball (the author of The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food, and Love) has it: “Food, a French man told me once, is the first wealth. Grow it right, and you feel insanely rich, no matter what you own.” And this impressive author interview told us the true story about how Kristin Kimball turned herself from a travel writer into a farmer.
http://www.npr.org/2010/11/15/131268939/-the-dirty-life-from-city-girl-to-hog-butcher

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin (1755-1826), an expert in the study of food and culture, addressed the notion that “The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of the human race than the discovery of a star.” Not really finding out about a new dish at the gathering, yet, during the second half of our discussion, we fed each other’s soul with our new wishes for 2014. Definitely, making New Year’s resolutions is not a clichéd tradition at all—it helps remind ourselves what we have always craved. Speaking of this, I am always seized by deep affection while reading this beautifully written passage (by Ralph Waldo Emerson, the most important voice of intellectual culture in the United States, 1803-1882):
“That which befits us, embosomed in beauty and wonder as we are, is cheerfulness, and courage, and the endeavor to realize our aspirations. Shall not the heart which has received so much, trust the Power by which it lives? May it not quit other leadings, and listen to the Soul that has guided it so gently, and taught it so much, secure that the future will be worthy of the past?”

At the beginning of a new year, do you feel the clock is ticking much faster? What do you want to do immediately? Whatever fills our dreams about this fresh year, our job is to constantly feed our minds with faith for the infinite possibilities. Either being a headline-maker or playing a supporting role, in 2014, let the fire of our passion roar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unTuLqMK0NI&list=PLv4tGYu4YBK3wu3czQoZIxzf-ZdXl-nlW “I went from zero, to my own hero……………” Roar. Roar. Roar.

圖檔

Best Wishes,
Jasmine
Jasmine0316

文章: 1008
註冊時間: 週一 6月 07, 2010 1:56 pm

回到 聚會記錄 (Minutes)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 3 位訪客