協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

20070428, Speaker, Golden Chiang

英文演講 (English Speech)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

20070428, Speaker, Golden Chiang

文章Warren Chiang » 週日 4月 29, 2007 10:26 pm

Few English Jokes

Good afternoon everybody. I am Golden.

Today, I'd like to tell you some English jokes. Sometimes, people made jokes because their English was not good.

You've probably heard one English joke from the radio. There were a young man and a young lady. They were a couple. The young man missed an appointment and he wanted to apologize. He said “I am sorry, 阿媽 !” But the young lady replied “My name is Emma, not 阿媽 !". She was very angry. So they broke up! You see, if your English is not good, you can't even make a girl friend.

There is another joke. A guy walked on a street and bumped into a foreigner. That guy instinctively apologized “I am sorry!”. The foreigner gently replied “I am sorry, too". But that funny guy said “I am sorry three!!” The foreigner had no idea what he was talking about, so he asked “What are you sorry for?” That dumb guy appeared very helpless and said “Well, I am sorry five!”. That was really embarrassed, wasn't it!

I have one more joke about myself. When I was 5 years old, I went to an English class for the first time. The teacher gave me my English name – “Golden”. I was very happy and couldn’t wait to tell this to my mother. When I went home, I said to my mom “I am “公的”. My mom said to me “Sweetie, we only call doggie “公的”. We call man “男的” (That means boy!).” I was very upset and kept saying “I am “公 --的 --". My mom finally realized when she saw my name tag on the T-shirt. Now this becomes an interesting memory.

Anyway, learning English is fun. We should say it out loud and keep practicing. Always pay attention to correct pronunciation.

At the end, I have one last joke. A family of mice were surprised by a big cat. The father mouse jumped and said “Ruff -- Ruff -- Ruff”. The cat ran away scared. The baby mouse asked “What was that Daddy?” The father mouse answered “Well son, that's why it's important to learn a second language!!”

Thank you for your patience!
Warren Chiang

文章: 27
註冊時間: 週日 4月 15, 2007 8:22 pm

文章Happy Jan » 週一 4月 30, 2007 1:13 am

20070428, 10-year-old Speaker--Golden Chiang

圖檔

圖檔
快樂英文讀書會 Happy English Club 為中高階的英文讀書會,定期在台北/桃園/新竹/台中/台南/高雄聚會.主要是由一群年輕上班族組成,快樂英文讀書會成員來自各行各業菁英,與會來賓必須具備英文會話能力,全程用英文輕鬆閒聊以及討論具有深度的議題各一個小時.歡迎蒞臨快樂英語讀書會.
頭像
Happy Jan
協會(創會)理事長

文章: 1516
註冊時間: 週五 10月 28, 2005 5:28 am
來自: 桃園市

文章Happy Jan » 週一 4月 30, 2007 1:13 am

I moved this article from “英文心得分享區(English Feedback)” into “自我介紹及演講區 ( Ice Breaker and Speaker ).” It will make this speaker board more professional.
快樂英文讀書會 Happy English Club 為中高階的英文讀書會,定期在台北/桃園/新竹/台中/台南/高雄聚會.主要是由一群年輕上班族組成,快樂英文讀書會成員來自各行各業菁英,與會來賓必須具備英文會話能力,全程用英文輕鬆閒聊以及討論具有深度的議題各一個小時.歡迎蒞臨快樂英語讀書會.
頭像
Happy Jan
協會(創會)理事長

文章: 1516
註冊時間: 週五 10月 28, 2005 5:28 am
來自: 桃園市

回到 英文演講 (English Speech)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客