協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

Game List

英文演講 (English Speech)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

Game List

文章annie_chung » 週一 3月 13, 2006 11:49 am

To excellent game condutors:

Please reply to the article and
offer the record of the game during the regular gathering.

Thanks,
Annie
最後由 annie_chung 於 週一 4月 10, 2006 11:26 am 編輯,總共編輯了 9 次。
頭像
annie_chung

文章: 110
註冊時間: 週一 11月 28, 2005 11:41 pm
來自: Taipei

game from Iris

文章IrIs » 週一 3月 13, 2006 1:53 pm

Definition of vocabularies - English to Englsih

Listening, spelling, acknowledgement of many vocabularies and quick thinking / reacting needed.

The host speak the definition and each group write the vocabularies for it - w/ correct spelling for sure.

Hope it won't be too fuzzy.

Also I would like to arrange a role play of the interview which is related to the topic on 4/1.

Iris
頭像
IrIs

文章: 9
註冊時間: 週六 11月 26, 2005 12:49 am

文章annie_chung » 週二 3月 21, 2006 8:10 pm

cocktail party waltz

1. On the paper, I made a list of greetings, and at the top of the list I put the more formal ones, and at the bottom of the list I put the least formal ones. (Prepare for a list of greetings)

2. Now, you are in two circles. One circle is inside the other circle. During the activity, you have to face with one another.

3. Once I give a signal.
頭像
annie_chung

文章: 110
註冊時間: 週一 11月 28, 2005 11:41 pm
來自: Taipei

文章Darren » 週一 2月 12, 2007 11:27 am

Alternative Seating Arrangements

G'day committee officers of Happy Club!!!

Just like to suggest an alternative way for sitting arrangements during Happy Club gatherings. This method can also be conducted as an icebreaker activity. The general idea is as of follows:

Instead of assigning numbers to members and moving them to tables of corresponding numbers (the normal way), group everyone by what they have in common.

Example 1: Star signs
step 1:
Ask everyone to line up by their western horoscope sign (or if anyone who wants to find out a certain person's birthday, line them up in order of their birth dates :lol: ).

*this will take 2 to 3 minutes as everyone will be asking everyone's horoscope sign as they line-up automatically.*

step 2: arrange the groups into tables according to signs, mix and match horoscope signs to fill up the tables.

*and voila, a new seating arrangement*

This example increase member interaction from asking each other's star signs. Also, this is a good way to let each member to know each other better. The only problem would be the meeting place is too small for a line-up.

+extra activities can also be carried out here. For example, Hand out horoscope predictions and personality analysis to the corresponding star signs. everyone can debate if the personality analysis is true or false or if they think horoscopes are superstition (can be incorperated as weekly articles).+

Example 2: Height
Example 3: favourite Color
Example 4: favourite Car brand
Example 5: favourite kind of food or taste (sweet, sour, bitter etc)
Example 6: favourite sport/ hobby/ movie

And the list goes on and on. imagination is the limit.

Cheers guys, please leave comments and criticizm.
The LIGHT!!!! It BURNS!!!!! It BURNS!!!!!
頭像
Darren

文章: 66
註冊時間: 週日 12月 17, 2006 10:45 pm
來自: exiled

文章Elisa » 週三 3月 21, 2007 12:29 pm

Happy Auction

In this game, we auction the English vocabulary. However you have to work out what the word is with your team members and a couple of minutes later, we start to auction.

Here are some rules for the game.
1. Each team has NTD$50,000 jettons.
2. We auction words from No1 to No10 orderly.
3. Raise your hand and add at least $500 jetton to auction.
4. The team with higher price owns the chance to answer. Be sure that you know the answer; otherwise, you lose not only the chance but also money.
5. Like a real auction, you pay and then you own it.
6. The team obtains more words is the winner.
7. NO Dictionary

For example:

Step 1: Discussion
A tool used for viewing objects at a distance. (Upset price is $1000)

The answer is “Telescope”.

Step 2: Auction
Raise your hand to call how much jetton you can afford, such as $1500.

Step 3: Deal
If you call the highest price, you obtain the chance to answer it. If you get the right answer, you earn the word. In addition, you spend money as well.

Step 4: Check
Check how many words you buy, you are the winner if you have more than others.

I made the rules by myself so maybe my concern is not overall. Please let me know if you have other ideas, thanks.
頭像
Elisa

文章: 352
註冊時間: 週六 9月 30, 2006 10:50 am

Ice Breaker - People Search

文章Darren » 週一 4月 02, 2007 7:05 pm

This Ice Breaker excercise allows all participants to roam around freely and actually learn new things about each other.

Here are the steps:

1: Each participant receives a piece of paper (preferably A4) with 16 squares on it (number of squares are variable according to conditions).
Each of the squares contains a statement. For example: Drives a Toyota; Wears contact lenses; Is lefthanded; Favourite colour is blue etc.

2: The participants roam around asking each other if the statements are true in their own case. When asking questions, one must include the name of the targeted person along with the statement. Eg. If Happy is going to ask Belle that whether she wears contact lenses, Happy willl have to say: "Belle, do you wear contact lenses?"

3: When answering a simple yes or no will do. However, to make things tiring, try answer in full sentences.

4: Only one question can be asked for the same person each turn. i.e. ask one question and move on to another person.

5: If the answer is "yes", write down the name in the particular square with the statement on it. If "no", move on and find another person and ask the same or different question.

6: The first person gets all the squres filled wins.

Notes:
(a) This excercise helps people get to know each other more, also helps them remembering each other's names.

(b) The statements can be complex to increse the level of difficulty or even learn new vocabs or new expressions.
頭像
Darren

文章: 66
註冊時間: 週日 12月 17, 2006 10:45 pm
來自: exiled

九年一貫英語句型教學活動設計

文章Murphy Yang » 週四 5月 03, 2007 9:47 am

http://mail.ssps.tpc.edu.tw/~youlanda/sentence.html
九年一貫英語句型教學活動設計
Be Happy,Happier,Happiest in English Happily with Happiness
Nothing is Everything;Everything is Nothing!
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

文章: 421
註冊時間: 週六 5月 20, 2006 9:23 am
來自: Murphy Yang

文章Happy Jan » 週日 5月 06, 2007 1:56 pm

20070505, Game Conductor--Sakura Huang

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔
快樂英文讀書會 Happy English Club 為中高階的英文讀書會,定期在台北/桃園/新竹/台中/台南/高雄聚會.主要是由一群年輕上班族組成,快樂英文讀書會成員來自各行各業菁英,與會來賓必須具備英文會話能力,全程用英文輕鬆閒聊以及討論具有深度的議題各一個小時.歡迎蒞臨快樂英語讀書會.
頭像
Happy Jan
協會(創會)理事長

文章: 1516
註冊時間: 週五 10月 28, 2005 5:28 am
來自: 桃園市

文章Happy Jan » 週一 5月 07, 2007 1:03 am

20070505, Game Conductor--Elisa Tai

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔
快樂英文讀書會 Happy English Club 為中高階的英文讀書會,定期在台北/桃園/新竹/台中/台南/高雄聚會.主要是由一群年輕上班族組成,快樂英文讀書會成員來自各行各業菁英,與會來賓必須具備英文會話能力,全程用英文輕鬆閒聊以及討論具有深度的議題各一個小時.歡迎蒞臨快樂英語讀書會.
頭像
Happy Jan
協會(創會)理事長

20070512, Game Conductor--Sakura Huang

文章Happy Jan » 週日 5月 20, 2007 11:21 am

20070512, Game Conductor--Sakura Huang

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔
頭像
Happy Jan
協會(創會)理事長

回到 英文演講 (English Speech)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客