協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

English articles sources and sharing

讀書會心得 (Club Feedback)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

文章Murphy Yang » 週一 10月 23, 2006 8:59 pm

Hello! My happy English fellows, it’s Murphy speaking!
As I remember, I have been in this club only 5 months but you may notice that I posted more than 200 responses to be the second writer in our club. Maybe you can call me “Number Two”next time! (Number One is Happy)

In order to be a foreign affairs police, from now on, I don’t think I am able to join any activity besides the regular gathering on Saturday. It’s really a pity to make this kind of the decision but I should have to. Don’t worry! I am still available and I usually stand by you undoubtedly.

By the way, after talking with Happy, I think “English Quality” is the most significant matter for our club! Therefore, you may see what I posted a lot of English materials for us. Although I have to work at least twelve hours a day, I still try my best to improve my English ability and share what I like or learn with you!

To tell you the truth, I have no time to make a girlfriend but I do fall in love with “English” and enjoy every moment in our Happy Garden!

We are Family!

There are the list of my sharing materials:

1.English Songs
viewtopic.php?t=520

2.DUO sentences
viewtopic.php?t=528

3.Apple English
viewtopic.php?t=544

4.My materials
viewtopic.php?t=738

5.Short and Simple articles
viewtopic.php?t=527

6.Murphy’s speech
viewtopic.php?t=682

7. Murphy's English Daily Newspapers
viewtopic.php?t=737

8. the Sources of learning English

viewtopic.php?t=736

9. Weekly English Newspaper and Host
viewforum.php?f=33
最後由 Murphy Yang 於 週四 3月 01, 2007 4:42 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 17 次。
Be Happy,Happier,Happiest in English Happily with Happiness
Nothing is Everything;Everything is Nothing!
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

文章: 421
註冊時間: 週六 5月 20, 2006 9:23 am
來自: Murphy Yang

Murphy's speech

文章Murphy Yang » 週五 11月 24, 2006 5:01 pm

Murphy’s speech

Dear all:
I make my English speeches in Happy English Club and NTU Toastmaster ;
I am very glad to share my experience with you!
最後由 Murphy Yang 於 週二 3月 20, 2007 2:59 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 7 次。
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

Joke Session Host

文章Murphy Yang » 週日 11月 26, 2006 12:56 pm

Joke Session Host

FIRST: As a rule, I have to share a joke with you first.

NEXT: A English Joke

THEN: As you can see, we have joke tellers at beginning and it is necessary to warm up our gathering beforehand. So all you have to do is just to share your English jokes with us. I know there are already many volunteers here. Are you ready? Please raise your hands!

LAST: Last but not least, if you have no confidence to tell a joke in public, don’t be shy! Trust me; your joke is more or less funny!
If after you tell a joke only few people smile, don’t give up! One day the sense of humor of the audiences will be back.
A joke is always like a box of chocolate;
you never know what kind of chocolate you will enjoy!

Toastmaster of Evening~~~
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

the Research

文章Murphy Yang » 週一 12月 04, 2006 8:42 pm

The Strategies for the Personal Safety
and the Research of the Cognitions in Dangerous Working

First of all, the goal of the research should be about the strategies and self-cognition of the Private Security Service Personnel who protect the entrepreneur in the dangerous situations on their duties.

Therefore, the research can be divided into five chapters.
The first chapter: Introduction
The second chapter: Literature Reviews
The third chapter: Methodology
The fourth chapter: The Results of the Material Analysis
The fifth chapter: The Conclusions and Suggestions

Actually, the private security service personnel are often so called as” the Body Guard”, who obtain the hardest profession of all other security services. Most of time, the business owners would request them to possess some special backgrounds from the military police, the policeman or the national security system, or a specific kung-fu such as Tae-Kwon-Do and Judo.

All in all, this research is organized with firsthand interviews from the real body guards and proposes the practical conclusions and possible suggestions by their precious experiences and dealing with the related problems.
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

The Vote-Counter's Briefing

文章Murphy Yang » 週三 12月 06, 2006 11:40 pm

The Vote-Counter's Briefing

Good evening!
I am very glad to be a Vote-Counter today!
Please fill out your ballot and pass it back to me after the evaluation session!
I will let you know who is the best performer tonight.
Thanks for your cooperation and comprehension!
TME
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

Host

文章Murphy Yang » 週三 12月 06, 2006 11:42 pm

The Host's Briefing

I am very glad to be the Host today.
First of all, please turn your cell-phone into silence and buy a drink as soon as possible! Thanks for your cooperation and comprehension! As a rule, I will arrange your table right now! So, lady first~~~ Next, the gentleman~~~

Before the table topic, I will arrange your table again! As a rule, I will arrange your table right now! So, lady first~~~ Next, the gentleman~~~
As usual, the newcomer, you will be the volunteer for your table! Because this is Table 1, so Table 6 first! :lol:

With close friendship and great passion for learning English, we grow together in this sweet family, Happy English Club! We sincerely welcome you to join us every Saturday!

We are the family! We are the best! We are the world! Happy together!
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

The Goal of Murphy's EVP Team

文章Murphy Yang » 週一 12月 11, 2006 7:48 pm

The Goal of Murphy's EVP Team

S.E.A.L.S. more than just club

S Smile 微笑
E Eye contact 目光注視
A Address everyone’s last name 尊稱所有人
L Listening 傾聽
S Service is driven from heart 用心服務

Vision 願景---
To achieve the highest quality of English through continuous innovation, research, and education

Mission 使命---
To provide an English-centered, high-quality, and safer care to the growth of the community

Core Values 核心價值---

Excellent 卓越
We put quality first until first in quality

Integrity 誠信
We commit to honest practices and inspire trust through leadership

Compassion 同理心
We sincerely care for everyone as part of our family and treat others as we wish to be treated

Innovation 創新
We recognize that to think creatively is key to achieve high standard of English quality

Social responsibility 社會責任
We dedicate to social affairs that may improve the growth of our community

With close friendship and great passion for learning,
we grow together in this sweet family, Happy English Club.
We sincerely welcome you to join us every Saturday.
We are family.
We are the best.
We are the world.
Happy together!
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

Learning English in my own way

文章Murphy Yang » 週一 12月 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Learning English in my own way

Good evening! My name is Murphy. Today my topic is learning English in my own way. You may wonder “hey, Murphy! How dare you talk this topic with us? Your English is no better than ours. Please judge me after you listen to my experience completely. Actually, it didn’t take me many years to speak English like this! Do you know how long it took me? It took me only six months to speak how I speak right now. Interesting, isn’t it? I am very glad to share my experience in learning English with you. Before I do that, I’d like to refresh my memory a little bit~

Backing six months ago, my English sucks! Terrible! Impossible! You must have no idea how poor my English is. Let me tell you my story you will know that. Six months ago, one beautiful Sunday, I walked around Taipei 101. I saw a pretty foreigner with a plump face, good looking, big-breast, sexy ass… Whatever! Suddenly, the girl walked close to me. She asked me,” Excuse me, where is the Taipei Station?” Because she was the kind of girl I like, I spent 5 minutes answering her question very carefully in English. But 5 minutes later, she told me,” Sorry, can you speak English? I don’t understand Spanish.” Oh! My god! I talked to myself,” How dare you say that? I speak English for you!” I blushed with anger and also I had no confidence to speak English any more. Next, she asked me,” What’s your name?” I said,” I don’t know.” Last, she smiled to say,” Well, Mr. I don’t know. Thanks anyway!” Shame on me! You see! At that moment, I was very disappointed, so I came back home to watch TV. I was watching an English program but I can only understand 10% what they talk about on TV. It was a kid’s program! I sat there. I can’t believe it! I talked to myself,” Murphy! If I can only understand 10% what they talk about on TV in a kids’ program, how can I do anything?!” I shouted with tears,” Murphy! My pronunciation is so poor that no pretty girl can understand my English! I have learned English so many years: one year in elementary school, three years in junior high school, three years in senior high school, and four years in university! There must be something wrong with my learning in English. From now on, I decided to learn English in my own way.

I didn’t have any teacher. I just tried to start. I took pronunciation seriously. Yes, pronunciation! I went to buy one English magazine with a CD. As I remember, there are 20 units in that material. In every unit, there are about 6 sections. What I did was just to read Unit 1 Section1; that’s it! That’s all I did. Unit 1 Section1, I spent so much time on it. When eating, sitting on the toilet, laying on the bed but cannot fall sleep. I am going to this material again、again、again, to be endless! What I did was if any sentence I can’t speak as exactly as the recording, I go back to it ten times. If it doesn’t do it, I will do it a hundred times. If it doesn’t do it, I will do it a thousand times. I can’t tell you how many times I did because I honestly don’t remember! Too many times! I repeat it until my pronunciation is perfect and impeccable without thinking. What I did was not like what I studied before. In the past, when I read one unit、I understood it、I listened to it for a couple of time, great I learned it! Next unit! Great I learned it! Next unit! To tell you the truth, it doesn’t work for me!

After six months, I have discovered something very interesting! I have the feeling of language! I have the sense of English! If anybody gives me a sentence within the conversation, I can speak English well without thinking through my mind. I can speak some sentences so fluently without my control if the situation is right. It’s amazing!!! Before that I have to go into 4 steps when I speak English. For example, if you ask me,” Murphy, is that chair comfortable?” I have to translate into Chinese first, ”這椅子舒服嗎?” Next, I answer myself,”還不錯”. Last I translate back into English,” So far so good!” It’s too late. But now, if you ask me again, Murphy, is that chair comfortable? I can answer you directly in English without translation! Do you know how good the feeling is? It’s fantastic!

Although my English is not as well as foreigners, one day I hope I can speak English with correct grammar, good pronunciation, proper language, strong vocabulary! I am confident that I will realize my ideal some day in the future as long as I study hard!

Last but not least, what kind of English ability you want? What kind of English degree you need? Think about it!

TME~~
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

Re: Learning English in my own way

文章jerry2508 » 週一 12月 18, 2006 3:29 pm

....... I took pronunciation seriously. Yes, pronunciation! I went to buy one English magazine with a CD.......

Dear Murphy,

I think those who listened to ( or read ) your speech would admire you and give you a standing ovation.
Glad to know the total make-over in your English within such a short period of time. IT IS AMAZING!!
That kind of means something's so wrong with our English education that all of us have to learn English the hard way out of school and only the minority, like Murphy, the 'Post-man', could get away with that.
Now you not only host the gatherings, but deliver speaches at some English speech club.
"WOW", that's the sound I could produce. Good for you! 8)

Looks like you're getting omnipotent, except for one thing........
No, no, no, not that you don't have a date...
....no...
....no...
....no...
Well, "RECORDING THE AUDIO READING FOR EVERYBODY" with your beautiful and clear pronunciation, which will take away my job and kick me out of my blog. Hahahaha... :lol:

Keep it up ! :wink:
頭像
jerry2508

文章: 99
註冊時間: 週五 8月 25, 2006 11:19 am

Timer

文章Murphy Yang » 週五 12月 22, 2006 11:35 am

Timer

Dear members and guests:
I am pleased to be the timer tonight.
No matter who you are, please pay attention to my flags.
Whenever you see the Green Flag, it means you have 2 minutes left. Yellow, 1 minute left. Red, it means your time is up.
In a word, every session should be started and ended on time.
Toastmaster of Evening

Ladies and Gentlemen!
This is timer’s report.
Joke Session:
***** Spent ***** minutes ***** seconds, all qualified!
Speech session:
***** Spent ***** minutes ***** seconds~~

Timer report!
Table Topic:
***** Spent ***** minutes ***** seconds, all qualified!
Evaluation:
***** Spent ***** minutes ***** seconds~~
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

Ah Counter

文章Murphy Yang » 週一 12月 25, 2006 6:46 am

Ah Counter

Dear all members and guests:
I am pleased to be the Ah counter tonight.
My duty is to help you know your bad habit of your English pronunciation. They sound like Ah, R, M, Well, And, You know, But and so on.
Remember! They are all unnecessary. If you have no idea how many mistakes you make, don’t worry, I will count them for you!

TME
最後由 Murphy Yang 於 週一 12月 25, 2006 7:57 am 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

to my ex-girlfriend, Cherry Huang

文章Murphy Yang » 週一 12月 25, 2006 6:51 am

The words I want to say to my ex-girlfriend, Cherry Huang at Christmas Eve:

There were times when I did not know what to do
That's when you said that you could show me
Now I find my life has changed because of you
I knew it would when you said hold me
I can feel it rising with the sun
Shining pure just like the morning light
I'm so very sure that you're the one for me
Baby your love has set me free
Though the time that's past has not been much at all
I feel like I've known you since forever
I remember well the very day you called
So easy we fell in love together
I never thought that love could be like this
It took me beyond my expectations
It's never the same when I feel your kiss
I want to thank you but can't find the words

http://www.mvyy.com/gq/10833.htm
viewtopic.php?t=682
murphy10192@yahoo.com.tw
viewtopic.php?t=682
頭像
Murphy Yang

回到 讀書會心得 (Club Feedback)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客