協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

english environment

讀書會心得 (Club Feedback)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

english environment

文章Tom Wang » 週一 2月 23, 2009 8:25 pm

I suggest people in the English club always see the others as they are from Spain, Japan, Brazil...or other non Chinese speaking countries. Therefore, although some times it's not easy to tell in English (can be the listeners who's english is not that advanced), thinking of that chinese is not spoken and not gonna be understood, please keep speaking english. I mean, honestly, people here really should try harder,really! We all say we wanna improve, don't we?
頭像
Tom Wang

文章: 37
註冊時間: 週日 4月 02, 2006 10:27 pm
來自: University College London

Re: english environment

文章CarmenTao » 週五 2月 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Dear Tom,
Honestly speaking, I'm with you. However, I'm just still on the horns of a dilemma. You know what; when we are in the middle of a pleasant chat, it always bothers me when people don't know some word I'm using. Normally I have to repeat it in Chinese again. I hate to do that, but It's hard for me to continue with a couple of confused faces. Of course I hope everyone is studious, but it's just so difficult. Your suggestion is not only reasonable but also needed. Hopefully the situation will improve little by little.

Carmen :mrgreen:
頭像
CarmenTao

文章: 423
註冊時間: 週六 4月 07, 2007 10:50 am
來自: 內湖

Re: english environment

文章Tom Wang » 週日 3月 01, 2009 11:01 am

We may need to think that Is it difficult because too easy to speak in chinese? If the person we are talking to are a Portuguese, people here can never get him to understand by chinese, the only way is keeping trying on english and that makes the progress. Well, I just wanna encourage people here don't give up too soon, we know chinese is easy, but a word of chinese ruins your whole brain work of english.

To me, most of the people in this club have got good english level, I think they can make it.
頭像
Tom Wang

文章: 37
註冊時間: 週日 4月 02, 2006 10:27 pm
來自: University College London

回到 讀書會心得 (Club Feedback)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 3 位訪客