協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

Stomach inflammation

心情寫真/小品散文/奇聞軼事/生活情報/二手交換/好康分享/讀書會花絮等等,皆歡迎鋪文章分享!(Share Living Stuff)

版主: GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, kevinliu, Happy Jan

Stomach inflammation

文章CarmenTao » 週三 4月 15, 2009 3:37 pm

A stomach inflammation can kill a person - me. It must be because I had too much food over the past weekend in Macau that made my stomach suffer. I was wakened by the stomach ache as early as 3:30 this morning and have kept grimacing from time to time in my office due to the acute pain. I was asked to go home, but it is not easy for a patient to travel even if the destination is also in Taipei. I went to the doctor late this morning, but the pills haven't seemed to alleviate the pain. Hopefully I'll feel better tonight, because there are still piles of stuff awaiting someone to digest.

Coverage of my trip to Macau:
http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/2009/new ... y-art4.htm
頭像
CarmenTao

文章: 423
註冊時間: 週六 4月 07, 2007 10:50 am
來自: 內湖

Re: Stomach inflammation

文章dustin12345 » 週三 4月 15, 2009 7:51 pm

hope you feel better soon!
頭像
dustin12345

文章: 304
註冊時間: 週六 8月 02, 2008 9:07 pm

文章IrisChang » 週四 4月 16, 2009 12:41 am

Dear awesome singer, Carmen,

It seems really painful!
I always go to the doctor late since I don't swallow pills and powder tastes bitter.
Hope you've recovered already.

btw, my classmates and I are discussing the graduation trip (even we still have a LONG way to graduate)
Macau may be an option. :idea:

take care
Iris
I'll be there for you.
頭像
IrisChang

文章: 425
註冊時間: 週一 12月 24, 2007 1:44 am

文章Willie » 週四 4月 16, 2009 2:40 am

It sounds like hunger epigastric pain which happens between 0-3am or 30min to 3 hrs after a meal.
In ordinary people, an antiacid or food can relieve the symptoms.
However people who received an operation before, like you, might need to receive a pan-endoscopy to make sure.
BTW, the health insurance won't pay for better medication without a pan-endoscopy report.
However, if the result is nothing about GERD, which stands for gastroesophageal reflux disease, or ulcers, then the health insuranve won't pay for better medication, either. In another word, you suffer the discomfort of an endoscopy and got nothing except making sure what the hell causes your symptoms.

personal suggestion, for reference only :D :D
Willie

文章: 144
註冊時間: 週五 12月 29, 2006 6:43 pm

文章CarmenTao » 週四 4月 16, 2009 8:52 am

To Iris,
I enjoyed the trip a lot. It would have been even better if there had not been so many smokers indoors. The hotel room was good too. Some of our members brought their spouse with them. It is always great to stay in a great hotel room with someone you love. (That's what my roommate complained to me, she missed her boyfriend so much.) :mrgreen:

To Willie,
Many thanks for your suggestion. I'm so lazy to receive a pan-endoscopy. Anyways, the pills work ok today and the frequency of pain has been reduced. I'll recover soon and go to the meeting healthily this Saturday.

Wish you both a good day.
頭像
CarmenTao

文章: 423
註冊時間: 週六 4月 07, 2007 10:50 am
來自: 內湖

文章IrisChang » 週四 4月 16, 2009 10:03 am

Opps,
I was curious about what you meant "buy their spouse with them" at very first time....
mistake, my fault. @@
anyway, I only traveled with my family and friends,
I do love them a lot, though it's not exactly like what you said. :roll:
It's romantic to have a trip with lover.

You got your energy again!!
Have a great sunny day. :P
I'll be there for you.
頭像
IrisChang

文章: 425
註冊時間: 週一 12月 24, 2007 1:44 am

回到 生活分享區 (Life Sharing)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 2 位訪客