協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

20051202, Article, Picture, feedback

讀書會每週英文討論文章 (Weekly English Articles)

版主: larry168, stockmovie, Ellen Tsai, GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, Harrywang, kevinliu, Happy Jan, Tigervip9999, lisa0213, AmyLu1114, ianxue, ericwon, Winniehsuehh, JasonFang23, Petite, no1wei, Denise Kuo, evainnuk, sukaxon, Celine, Jasmine0316, David Tsai, cherry2323, janiej, DavidCH, RichardYeh, piscesvicky, Kevin01, MandyPan

20051202, Article, Picture, feedback

文章QQmelody » 週四 12月 01, 2005 12:56 am

Happy English Club 電子報 本報由EVP Team編審
網站 http://www.happyforum.org/ 歡迎超連結並轉寄網址
論壇 http://www.happyforum.org/happy/ 歡迎至論壇討論

Time:第32次例會,2005年 12月 2日(週五)晚上7~9點
Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

19:00~20:00 Gossip
20:00~21:00 Topic Discussion
Host: Melody Hsiao
Assistant Host: Cathy Lin

Source:
http://www.penguin.co.uk/static/cs/uk/0 ... index.html
By Katie Wallance
Book: The Love Trainer
By Julia Llewellyn Smith

TOPIC:
To Train your man like training your dog

My client, Rebecca is clear about what she wants. "Every day when I get home from work, he should be waiting for me," she says. "He'll listen for my key in the door, bound into my arms and cover me in slobber. When I'm watching TV, he'll snuggle up to me. If I leave him alone in the house, he'll howl. He'll follow me devotedly down the street and growl at anyone who threatens to take me away from him.
No, Rebecca's not talking about dogs, she's talking about boyfriends. Unfortunately, when I met Rebecca, her man, Tim, was behaving less like a perfect pet and more like an untrained puppy. Tim was staying out late, then scratching at the door begging to be let in. He whined when Rebecca said no. He was even running around with other bitches
If my spaniel, Elton, was my boyfriend he'd always call when he said he would and he'd never forget to pick me up from the airport. But Elton didn't get that way by accident: I had to obedience train him. It was time to teach Rebecca how to love train Tim.
The first principle Rebecca had to learn was that dogs are pack animals. In the dog world, there's no such thing as democracy. Hounds want a leader of the pack to obey unquestioningly. The most important thing, Rebecca could do was establish herself - not Tim - as the leader. As with a dog, the guidelines are clear. Here are a few:

Don't let your dog or man go through doors or downstairs before you do-
"That's so old-fashioned," Rebecca objected. She's wrong. It's all about respect. Your man should also open doors for you and pull out your chair in a restaurant. If you don't start off with the dog/man treating you as number one, you're setting up some very bad habits which will be impossible to eradicate later.

Don't go to your dog to give affection -
"I always do that," Rebecca agreed. "I snuggle up to Tim when he's watching Match of the Day and then he pushes me away and I feel sad and rejected." Leaders wait for the dog/man to come to you for cuddles. Even then, only give them if they've been good. Hugs and kisses after bad behaviour will make them think it's acceptable.

Don't fall for his cute act -
When Elton wees on the floor or knocks over the dustbin, he gazes at me mournfully and stands on his hind legs. "When Tim comes home drunk at five in the morning, he flutters his eyelashes and puts on a baby voice to try and get round me," Rebecca agrees. Ignore him. The time to be nice to him, is when he is lying quietly. Only then go over and praise him. That way he'll quickly learn who's in control.

Don't shout; don't be moody -
If you lose your temper and scream, it shows you're losing control and then you will automatically lose your position as leader of the pack. And don't try to make a dog or man feel bad by going into a sulk. They don't think like we girls do and they simply won't be able to relate your grumpiness to their earlier bad behaviour. When you're angry or upset, say something calmly but firmly at the time of the misbehaviour. If your annoyance lasts for days, he'll just think you're a moody bitch.

Finally - find out about his previous owners-
Why did they get rid of him? Bear in mind that unfortunately, if they have had previous bad experiences they may be aggressive and it may be almost impossible to re-train them. If that proves to be the case, there may be no choice but to put them down - or, in a man's case, dumping him. Unfortunately, this was what happened to Rebecca and Tim. "It was the best move I ever made," she says. "Now I'm with someone whose tongue hangs out at the sight of me.

Questions for Discussion:

1. After reading this article, which part impressed you the most? Which points do you agree or disagree with? Share with us.
2. As a woman, do you learn anything from the article? Do you have any similar experience or situation that you have faced?
3. Which guideline mentioned above would be the most applied to you?
4. From a man’s point of view, do you think the ‘’ training program’’ works with you?

:lol: :lol: 例會須知 :lol: :lol:
參與例會,請自行列印當週的討論文章並帶至現場,圖示如下:

圖檔

:lol: :lol: 請將社團網站,加入我的最愛 :lol: :lol:
http://www.happyforum.org/

台北,每週六 (2005年6月起)
Taipei, Saturday, Weekly
from June, 2005

Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

圖檔

高雄,每月最後一個週日 (2007年4月起)
Kaohsiung, Final Sunday, Monthly
from April, 2007

Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

圖檔
QQmelody

文章: 16
註冊時間: 週二 11月 15, 2005 11:59 pm

文章Happy Jan » 週六 12月 03, 2005 1:23 am

20051202,英文例會人數44人
圖檔
20051202,英文例會人數44人
圖檔
最後由 Happy Jan 於 週日 9月 17, 2006 8:56 am 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。
快樂英文讀書會 Happy English Club 為中高階的英文讀書會,定期在台北/桃園/新竹/台中/台南/高雄聚會.主要是由一群年輕上班族組成,快樂英文讀書會成員來自各行各業菁英,與會來賓必須具備英文會話能力,全程用英文輕鬆閒聊以及討論具有深度的議題各一個小時.歡迎蒞臨快樂英語讀書會.
頭像
Happy Jan
協會(創會)理事長

文章: 1516
註冊時間: 週五 10月 28, 2005 5:28 am
來自: 桃園市

I am Annie.^^

文章annie_chung » 週六 12月 03, 2005 11:14 am

Hello,

It's my first time to join the meeting of Happy English Club last night. For me, it's actually a wonderful and unforgettable experience. Happy, hosts, and other staff are really active and friendly. Good job!

Annie
If there is one trait that each leader shares, it is tenacity.
頭像
annie_chung

文章: 110
註冊時間: 週一 11月 28, 2005 11:41 pm
來自: Taipei

refresh

文章Sam » 週六 12月 03, 2005 11:33 pm

It has seen a while that I am being unalbe to join Happy English Club.
This time I come back and see lots of new friends. Hanson guys & pretty ladies. But one thing that doesn't change is still feel like home. Hum....... I mean, feel like where I can be happy and comfortable. :)
Sam

文章: 6
註冊時間: 週五 11月 04, 2005 11:11 pm

文章euphorian » 週一 12月 05, 2005 4:17 pm

Hi Sam,

"join" does = 參加or加入
However, you may want to consider the word "attend" instead.
attend = 到現場
join 有one time only 的意義
已經是會員再參加還是會員

Just my two cents.
In the name of forum tranquillity, feel free to delete any of my post, sooner the better.
頭像
euphorian

文章: 158
註冊時間: 週一 10月 31, 2005 11:51 am
來自: The Loneliest Planet

文章oio147852369 » 週四 12月 08, 2005 1:02 pm

euphorian 寫:Hi Sam,

"join" does = 參加or加入
However, you may want to consider the word "attend" instead.
attend = 到現場
join 有one time only 的意義
已經是會員再參加還是會員

Just my two cents.

Although i am not sam ,i still have a lesson.

thanks a lot
hi
oio147852369

文章: 12
註冊時間: 週二 11月 01, 2005 5:33 pm

回到 每週英文討論文章 (Weekly English Articles)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 21 位訪客