協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

20060826, Article, Voice, Picture

讀書會每週英文討論文章 (Weekly English Articles)

版主: larry168, stockmovie, Ellen Tsai, GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, Harrywang, kevinliu, Happy Jan, Tigervip9999, lisa0213, AmyLu1114, ianxue, ericwon, Winniehsuehh, JasonFang23, Petite, no1wei, Denise Kuo, evainnuk, sukaxon, Celine, Jasmine0316, David Tsai, cherry2323, janiej, DavidCH, RichardYeh, piscesvicky, Kevin01, MandyPan

20060826, Article, Voice, Picture

文章James Shi » 週二 8月 22, 2006 12:09 am

Happy English Club 電子報 本報由EVP Team編審
網站 http://www.happyforum.org/ 歡迎超連結並轉寄網址
論壇 http://www.happyforum.org/happy/ 歡迎至論壇討論

Time:第 70次例會,2006年8月26日(週六)下午2:30~5:00
Place: viewtopic.php?t=15
14:30~15:30 gossiping and chatting
15:30~15:45 Ice Breaker session
15:45~15:55 intermission
15:55~17:00 topic discussion

Host: Cathy Lin
Assistant Host: Andrew

Topic: Science Gets Serious with Love
(Source:www.nglish4u.net )

Love is a curious thing. We all crave it, and many of us think we can’t live without it. The more romantic among us even like to think that once we find it, love can last forever. Italian scientists, however, say that it just isn’t the case.

Researchers have long known that chemical changes happen in the brain when we fall in love. The breakthrough in the Italian research was to pinpoint some of the chemicals and to measure them over time. The results show that when we fall in love, our brain generates exceptional levels of nerve growth factor ( NGF ). NGF is believed to produce the intoxication we feel when we fall truly, madly, deeply in love. About a year after falling in love, however, NGF levels do an about-face and return to normal. For romantics, this news is the kiss of death, but from an evolutionary perspective, it makes a lot of sense. NGF- produced euphoria helps us to bond with a mate. However, once we’ve bonded (and possibly tied the knot and had a child), NGF levels go back to normal to let us get on with everyday life, such as making a living.

The only good news for romantics is that even when the fireworks stop, something deep and meaningful remains. And this truly is the basis of any love that will last the ages.

Vocabularies:
Breakthrough ( N) a great discovery, achievement.
Pinpoint ( V ) to select specific items
Tie the knot 締結婚約
Euphoria ( N ) 喜悅感

Questions:
1. Do you agree “love can last forever”? What are good ways to maintain the good relationship with your lover or with your family?
2. Romantics might stop just like the fireworks stop, however something deep and meaningful remains. What is it?
3. Which kind of things and situations are bad to your love? Even damage your marriage?
4. Speaking of marriage and romantics, do you think they are very different? What are the differences? (I think more duty, promise should be provided in marriage.)
5. Is your current lover different from your imagination? (For example: You hope he is rich, good temper…. Actually he isn’t.) What will you do?
6. How to build up a good and steady relationship with your lover? (If you don’t have experiences in this case, you can share this subject from your friends or relatives).

:lol: :lol: 例會須知 :lol: :lol:
參與例會,請自行列印當週的討論文章並帶至現場,圖示如下:

圖檔

:lol: :lol: 請將社團網站,加入我的最愛 :lol: :lol:
http://www.happyforum.org/

台北,每週六 (2005年6月起)
Taipei, Saturday, Weekly
from June, 2005

Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

圖檔

高雄,每月最後一個週日 (2007年4月起)
Kaohsiung, Final Sunday, Monthly
from April, 2007

Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

圖檔
最後由 James Shi 於 週四 8月 31, 2006 8:27 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
歡迎對本社團有興趣的人把我加入您的好友名單
教學相長~~~
(\~~/) (\~~/) (\~~/)
(~'.'~) (^.^~) (='.'=)
(_(___ (_(__)~ (") (")
MSN: nsr787878@hotmail.com
頭像
James Shi

文章: 129
註冊時間: 週日 10月 30, 2005 9:04 am
來自: 台北縣新莊市

Make it easily remembered

文章jcm » 週四 8月 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Make it easily remembered

crave / desire
pinpoint / locate exactly
intoxication / A poisoning, as by a spirituous or a narcotic substance.

I crave your honor's pardon.
The artist craved recognition of his talents.
The bombs hit the pinpoints at which they were aimed.
Can you pinpoint the position of the enemy?

頭像
jcm

文章: 13
註冊時間: 週六 5月 27, 2006 10:18 pm
來自: Taipei

picture

文章megan » 週一 8月 28, 2006 7:37 pm

We had a good time in the gathering. chat,sing and smile. :D

Thanks for host "Cathy" & ice breaker "Sam"

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔
頭像
megan

文章: 38
註冊時間: 週六 3月 25, 2006 8:33 pm
來自: Taipei

Re: picture

文章Cathy » 週一 8月 28, 2006 10:58 pm

We had a good time in the gathering. chat,sing and smile. :D

Thanks for host "Cathy" & ice breaker "Sam"

I like this topic and collect lots of your good opinions. I like your mature thoughts and so many good ways to build up good relationship with your lover and family. We might fail sometimes, however we can get experience money can't buy. I like Charlie and Victor's ideas. I hope I can see many of you being held by love. I also had nice chat with Melina and Sophia on that day. Eventually we sang 月亮代表我的心 toghter. That really touched my heart. Mr. Rock and Lin I can tell you were really active in gathering. Megon and Adrew, thanks for your kindly support as well.

Cathy
Do what is right and be contented. Keep the mind pure and undefiled. Remain calm and serene always.
頭像
Cathy

文章: 84
註冊時間: 週日 11月 06, 2005 11:54 pm

文章jerry2508 » 週三 8月 30, 2006 10:03 pm

Hi , james.
How are you doing? I'm jerry2508
:wink:

I couldn't be more supportive of the club because of its diversity and freindliness.

I was thinking what I could offer as a web member.

To gain more confidence in articulation,I suppose, some of the meeting-goers may want to "hear" the artical before they go to every Sat. gathering. That's why I came up with the idea.

I gave it a try by re-posting the discussion artical for Aug.26 on the personal blog I'd set up, and turning it into the one with AUDIO

http://blog.xuite.net/jerry25084266/playground

I also made a few changes to WORD DEFINITION part based on my knowledge.Cuz I liked to read it as I see fit.

What do you think of that?! Is it a good idea for the club?!
Let me know if you've got any suggestions.
:)

Nice to meet you, in the cyberspaaaaace!!

頭像
jerry2508

文章: 99
註冊時間: 週五 8月 25, 2006 11:19 am

文章Cathy » 週三 8月 30, 2006 11:07 pm

What do you think of that?! Is it a good idea for the club?!
Let me know if you've got any suggestions.
:)

Nice to meet you, in the cyberspaaaaace!!

I saw it. Very good ~~
Do what is right and be contented. Keep the mind pure and undefiled. Remain calm and serene always.
頭像
Cathy

文章jerry2508 » 週四 8月 31, 2006 12:47 am

Hello, Cathy.

Are you the lovely girl standing and reading something in the pictures

How are you doing?Thank you for visiting my blog set up as an extension of HAPPY :)

Are you one of the officers at HAPPY? What's your position discription?

All the guys at the gathering must feel bright and breezy with your presence. How lucky of them!! :lol:
最後由 jerry2508 於 週日 9月 03, 2006 10:21 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
jerry2508

文章: 99
註冊時間: 週五 8月 25, 2006 11:19 am

文章Cathy » 週四 8月 31, 2006 7:04 pm

jerry2508 寫:Hello, Cathy.

Are you the lovely girl standing and reading something in the pictures

How are you doing?Thank you for visiting my blog set up as an extension of HAPPY :)

Are you one of the officers at HAPPY? What's your position discription?

All the guys at the gathering must be bright and breezy with your presence. How lucky of them. :lol:

Hi Jerry,
Yes, I am the one you mentioned. I don't have title in this club and arrange Ice Breaker schedule for this club.
Thanks for your words here and your good ideas.

Cathy
頭像
Cathy

文章rock » 週四 8月 31, 2006 7:14 pm

Hey, Cathy is really friendly and helpful to everyone. And the pleasant smile made her the most charming lady that day. I can tell that everybody was so impressed. Look forward to seeing her on the next gathering.
I will try my best.
rock

文章: 172
註冊時間: 週二 8月 22, 2006 4:41 pm
來自: Keelung

回到 每週英文討論文章 (Weekly English Articles)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 5 位訪客