協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

20080503, Article, Picture

讀書會每週英文討論文章 (Weekly English Articles)

版主: larry168, stockmovie, Ellen Tsai, GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, Harrywang, kevinliu, Happy Jan, Tigervip9999, lisa0213, AmyLu1114, ianxue, ericwon, Winniehsuehh, JasonFang23, Petite, no1wei, Denise Kuo, evainnuk, sukaxon, Celine, Jasmine0316, David Tsai, cherry2323, janiej, DavidCH, RichardYeh, piscesvicky, Kevin01, MandyPan

20080503, Article, Picture

文章xsofiawu » 週四 5月 01, 2008 12:22 pm

Happy English Club 電子報 本文由EVP Team編審
網站 http://www.happyforum.org/ 歡迎超連結並轉寄網址
論壇 http://www.happyforum.org/happy/ 歡迎至論壇討論

Time:第154次例會,2008年5月3日(週六)下午2:30~5:30
Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

Time:
14:30 ~15:30 (Free Talks)
15:30~16:00(Speaker Session)
16:00~17:15 (Topic Discussion)
17:15~17:30 (Happy Time)

Host: Timothy Cheng
Assistant Host:

Topic: AMERICAN LEAGUE: Wang wins fifth game running

Source: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/sport/a ... 2003410511

ROCK STEADY: The Yankees’ Taiwanese pitcher held Cleveland to four hits over seven innings, struck-out a season-high nine and walked two to give his team the road win

AGENCIEs, NEW YORK AND CLEVELAND, OHIO
Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008, Page 20
Wang Chien-ming won his fifth consecutive game to pitch the New York Yankees to a 1-0 road victory over the Cleveland Indians on Sunday.
The Taiwanese right-hander (5-0), who is behind only Arizona’s Brandon Webb (6-0) for most victories in the majors, held Cleveland to four hits over seven innings while striking out a season-high nine and walking two.

“He has been huge for us all year long,” Yankees manager Joe Girardi told reporters. “He has pitched great. He knew what we needed and he gave it to us.”

Wang said he mixed up his pitches better than a year ago when he lost at Cleveland in the American League Division Series.

“Last year, I only threw a lot of sinkers without changing a lot of speeds,” he told reporters. “Today, I changed a lot of speeds.”

Girardi said Wang’s ability to mix his pitches had made him a more effective pitcher.

“He had a very good slider today, with his sinker as well,” the Yankees manager said. “He mixed in some change-ups and splits as well to the left-handers. I thought he had great depth on his slider, which kept the right-handers off balance.”

Melky Cabrera gave the Yankees the only run they needed with a solo homer in the fifth inning off C.C. Sabathia (1-4).

“I’ve been lucky that I have five homers so far,” Cabrera said. “I’m just paying attention to that I’m in the lineup every day.”

The win snapped a three-game losing streak for the Yankees, though they had to place starting catcher Jorge Posada on the disabled list with an injured right shoulder.

It is the first time Posada has been placed on the disabled list in his 13-year major league career.

“It’s the biggest disappointment of my career, probably,” Posada said. “Not being able to participate in games, it’s really tough for me. I thought it was coming along, but it’s not. We have to find out what’s really bothering me.”

Sabathia, last season’s American League Cy Young winner, pitched eight innings. He also gave up four hits, striking out eight and walking one.

“It’s definitely frustrating to lose,” said Sabathia. “We don’t get shut out very often, but Wang was good.”

Wang got help from Joba Chamberlain, who pitched a perfect eighth in his first appearance in Cleveland since Game 2 of last year’s playoffs when tiny insects swarmed him and the Yankees in the late innings.
Questions
1. Are you a fan of Wang, what’s your impression to him?
2. What do you think about the phenomenon of Wang in Taiwan?
(Do his performances affect Taiwan’s everyday life? Is he one of the symbols of Taiwan’s consolidation?)
3 Do you like playing sports or engaging outdoor activities, could you please share some nice experiences or information with us?

:lol: :lol: 例會須知 :lol: :lol:
參與例會,請自行列印當週的討論文章並帶至現場,圖示如下:

圖檔

:lol: :lol: 請將社團網站,加入我的最愛 :lol: :lol:
http://www.happyforum.org/

台北,每週六 (2005年6月起)
Taipei, Saturday, Weekly
from June, 2005

Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

圖檔

高雄,每月最後一個週日 (2007年4月起)
Kaohsiung, Final Sunday, Monthly
from April, 2007

Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

圖檔

20080503, Speaker, Carmen Tao
圖檔

圖檔

20080503, Gathering and Feedback
圖檔

圖檔

圖檔
最後由 xsofiawu 於 週二 5月 06, 2008 2:54 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
xsofiawu

文章: 116
註冊時間: 週一 7月 02, 2007 3:46 pm

20080503HappyEnglish video clip

文章ken fu » 週日 5月 04, 2008 12:39 am

最後由 ken fu 於 週日 5月 04, 2008 2:34 am 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
ken fu

文章: 15
註冊時間: 週一 9月 18, 2006 10:49 am

20080503 photos

文章ken fu » 週日 5月 04, 2008 2:31 am

ken fu

文章: 15
註冊時間: 週一 9月 18, 2006 10:49 am

文章Happy Jan » 週六 5月 17, 2008 12:10 am

Thanks to the Photographer, Ken Fu.
Photos are ready. Please enjoy them.
快樂英文讀書會 Happy English Club 為中高階的英文讀書會,定期在台北/桃園/新竹/台中/台南/高雄聚會.主要是由一群年輕上班族組成,快樂英文讀書會成員來自各行各業菁英,與會來賓必須具備英文會話能力,全程用英文輕鬆閒聊以及討論具有深度的議題各一個小時.歡迎蒞臨快樂英語讀書會.
頭像
Happy Jan
協會(創會)理事長

文章: 1516
註冊時間: 週五 10月 28, 2005 5:28 am
來自: 桃園市

回到 每週英文討論文章 (Weekly English Articles)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 20 位訪客