協會論壇聚會時間地點須知

20070804, Article, Picture, Feedback

讀書會每週英文討論文章 (Weekly English Articles)

版主: larry168, stockmovie, Ellen Tsai, GraceKuo, Gracie, Benjamin Yeh, Harris1984, Harrywang, kevinliu, Happy Jan, Tigervip9999, lisa0213, AmyLu1114, ianxue, ericwon, Winniehsuehh, JasonFang23, Petite, no1wei, Denise Kuo, evainnuk, sukaxon, Celine, Jasmine0316, David Tsai, cherry2323, janiej, DavidCH, RichardYeh, piscesvicky, Kevin01, MandyPan

20070804, Article, Picture, Feedback

文章Amy Kao » 週四 7月 26, 2007 6:21 am

Happy English Club 電子報 本報由EVP Team編審
網站 http://www.happyforum.org/ 歡迎超連結並轉寄網址
論壇 http://www.happyforum.org/happy/ 歡迎至論壇討論

第118次例會,2007年08月04日(週六)下午2:30~5:30
Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

Time:
14:30 ~15:30 (Free Talks)
15:30~16:00(Speaker Session)
16:00~17:15 (Topic Discussion)
17:15~17:30 (Happy Time)

Host: James Jiang
Assistant Host: Jennifer Lin

Topic: The power positive thinking

Source: Global Villege Center Magazine July 2007 volume pages 22 - 25

*****************Please read the following George and Mary's short conversation****************

Motivational speakers make big bucks preaching, positive and people have always said that laughter is the best medicine, so when Mary gets down on herself about work she gets a lesson in mind over matter from George.

A: Don’t worry. Maybe you can convince your manager to see things your way.

B: He thinks I’m stupid. I don’t know, maybe he’s right.

A: Wow, I can’t believe you said that!

B: I can’t help it if I’m realistic.

A: Can’t you try to be optimistic?

B: Why, is the glass half full?

A: You need an attitude adjustment. I mean, don’t you think being positive would be helpful?

B: I don’t see why. It won’t change anything.

A: Didn’t you ever read the story of The Little Engine That Could? My dad used to read it to me before bed.

B: You’ve been brainwashed. “I think I can, I think I can “ doesn’t really mean that you can”.

A: Well, even if your thoughts can’t actually make things go your way, being happy definitely makes life better and more enjoyable.

B: You men like improving my coping skills or decreasing stress.

A: Sure, but even medically speaking a positive outlook is beneficial. Optimists don’t get sick as much, have lower incidence of heart disease, and even live longer.

B: I’ve heard that laughter is the best medicine, but I don’t know how much I believe it.

A: It’s unclear why optimists get these health benefits, but I definitely buy it. Even if positive thinking doesn’t change anything in the end, it makes life more satisfying.

B: I guess laughter can make difficult situations easier but I don’t’ wear rose-colored glasses. I don’t want to be one of those people always pointing out the silver lining.

A: Trust me: you don’t’ want to be a party pooper all your life, either. One thing gloomy people tend to do is called filtering. It’s the opposite of looking for the silver lining – filtering out the positive aspects of any situation and magnifying the negative ones.

B: I don’t do that! Well, not all the time.

A: Or personalizing is a common problem, where one always thinks it’s his or her fault when something bad happens.

B: I do tend to take the blame, maybe not on purpose though.

A: I know you are a perfectionist, and that’s not really helpful either. It seems like there’s no middle ground with you.

B: Either you succeed or you don’t. It’s that easy.

A: Would you try a little experiment.

B: Maybe.

A: This next week, take 15 minutes before bed to think only about the positive things in your life. I think you’ll see your state of mind change for the better.

Questions:
1. Do you ever think you aren’t good enough or smart enough?
2. How optimistic are you? Do you know anyone who is always negative? Have you ever tried to change their attitude?
3. Tell one of the stories you know about someone staying positive and overcoming great odds.
4. Optimistic people can get more enjoyment out of life. Will you try George’s positive experiment? Why or Why not?

:lol: :lol: 例會須知 :lol: :lol:
參與例會,請自行列印當週的討論文章並帶至現場,圖示如下:

圖檔

:lol: :lol: 請將社團網站,加入我的最愛 :lol: :lol:
http://www.happyforum.org/

台北,每週六 (2005年6月起)
Taipei, Saturday, Weekly
from June, 2005

Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

圖檔

高雄,每月最後一個週日 (2007年4月起)
Kaohsiung, Final Sunday, Monthly
from April, 2007

Place:
viewtopic.php?t=15

圖檔

20070804, Speaker--Wofy Lo
圖檔

20070804, Speaker--Ken Fu
圖檔
圖檔

20070804, Game Conductor--Tina Yang
圖檔
圖檔

20070804, Birthday Celebration
圖檔
圖檔

20070804, Gathering and Feedback
圖檔
圖檔
圖檔

20070804, Saturday Dinner
圖檔
圖檔
Amy Kao
頭像
Amy Kao

文章: 50
註冊時間: 週一 12月 18, 2006 2:57 pm
來自: Tienmoon

文章Wofy » 週二 8月 07, 2007 12:09 am

Dear all,
I wanna say something, but I'm too tired.
Just want to let you know that new photos are on.
I'll write something more later
頭像
Wofy

文章: 214
註冊時間: 週日 3月 25, 2007 1:20 pm

Those pics look great

文章Amy Kao » 週三 8月 22, 2007 1:52 am

Dear Wofy,

Those pics you took are awesome.
Thanks for helping the gathering to do a better work.
Amy Kao
頭像
Amy Kao

文章: 50
註冊時間: 週一 12月 18, 2006 2:57 pm
來自: Tienmoon

回到 每週英文討論文章 (Weekly English Articles)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 13 位訪客